Sunday 20 November 2005

Winter is come

hey hey

it is getting really cold here. after last night's little walk, i have to wear my big winter coat. we have a little meteo card that measures the temperature and most of the time it reads about 4 to 8 degrees or so in the daytime. this morning it got no reading. ha!

have been reading Lord of the Rings trilogy book, solid writing, very nice, almost old english like. been on battlefield2 for last week for my alone-time, have met up some potential contacts, got turned down by some but there are some openings, will followup in Feb when we are back. jo says that this trip has defined my photography path, so if God closes a door and opens a window, i will go see how this works out.

went to a pc-shop area in montgallet near the bastille, and it is awesome, it is seriously happening, it's like sim lim square... except that the shops are spread out over a large area over a few roads and 99% of them are run by chinese folks! cool or what. and guess what, some of the stuff is cheaper than in singapore.

best
wes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey Wes, Jo
(BTW jo, belated happy birthday!).

Good to hear things are better now. When will you be back?

Wes:
I got to assist Peter this past week.

Must say that all the training I received from you came in useful ... but had fun.

I am off to Italy on thursday, so guess if I don't hear from you before that, I will when I get back mid-Dec.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the LOTR trilogy is a good read, a must have in your personal library.

no get u on closing door and opening window - nevermind. u tell me when I see u ;-)

Packrat said...

Ooo...Like what? :)

Anonymous said...

plantronics headset is cheaper. logitech cams are cheaper. new games ares x2 the price! cant play anyway, french version. saw razor, slightly cheaper only.

wes