Saturday 5 November 2005

Sister in law arrivez!!




Kat is here! Updated us about stuff at home (nothing much it seems, except the dengue) and generally more happy-busy, we have stopped counting the days. She brought some stuff we needed including great CD from the TBM, a non-flat pillow, my 13-year-old Lord of the Rings trilogy book that I haven't finished, Photoshop CD (that’s why we couldn’t post photos).

She gets up really early (body still on s'pore time) and gets us up and running by 9am. She and Jo bought a battery powered hair cutter thing and Jo tried her barber skills on me last night. I thought worse case I'll just end up with 6mm crew cut, so what can I lose? I'm really really happy, turns out that my head looks great after the cut. Of course it doesn't look as good done by our stylist in s'pore but it's 80% close.

Went out for ice-cream and macaroons at Laduree at Champs Elysées 2 days ago, had rose ice-cream that tasted like bandung (!!) And had the best pistachio macaroons in the world.

Went to Hotel Invalides yesterday, got loads and loads of different types of canons. Got some pix for Dan Koh and Wahj, olde french mortars! They look really cool, close enough to the ones on Last of the Mohicans if I'm not wrong. Btw, this is the place where Napoleon is buried, but we didn't see the tomb coz got to pay for tix.

Btw, about the riots near Paris, they're on the outskirts of Paris in the suburbs, so we're ok. Thanks for calling and sms-ing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! U are right abt them mortars! And a whole row of naval cannons ;-)

How come Darth Kat so fair one? Forget to bring kiwi?

wahj said...

Glad to know you're alright despite those stupid riots.

The mortars are cool: thanx for the pix!

NARDAC said...

About a month ago, despite being in France for over three years, I made my first visit to Les Invalides. The building was ok, but the tomb of Napolean was spectacular. I was by myself, cameraless, and the experience was priceless. Bonnie's tomb is the size of my living room.

Another "inoubliable" place to visit, to see why France needs a new tyrant, is Versailles. I went there for the Nuit Blanche and it left me breathless. Impressionant, quoi!

NARDAC said...

actually, Bonnie's coffin is the size of my living room....