Monday 25 September 2006

200 Channels

WE GOT ZE INTERNET!!!

We came back from the Effiel walk, had dinner and realized we were connected when I went to inspect the freebox. 200 digital channels + HD capability, 24mpbs and VOIP. 3 months of waiting and now it's here. :-)



erm... anyone for COD or BF2?

Update: Out of the 200 channels, there's only BBC, Sky News and GodTV in English. That's it, no other English stuff besides the French MTV channel with English songs. But honestly, I am grateful even for 1 English channel.

Wes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goggy

Mr Sanguine said...

Wah piang! I also want to move to Paris... I hope at least half the channels are in English or Hokkien.

Wes & Jo said...

Yes, they have HOKKIEN!!!!! and Mandarin channels and Al-Jazeera!!!

Only a few channels in English. very little.

But it is 24MBPs, I downloaded a 500mb+ patch file in 15minutes... :-)

Wes

Anonymous said...

24mbps...envious envious envious

so does the box make coffee also? ;)

Anonymous said...

hahah.. when I was in Paris a week back , the only thing that sounded familiar to my ears was the Skynews channel.. and they love repeating snippets of the same news 597673 times a day...

TVmonde not badz though...

Anonymous said...

Yu Hsin > you know what, the HD box is sooo hot, i think i can make coffee on it.

Shutterbug > must have been a slow news day. nobody dying or getting shot at in the EU. ;-)

i realise that we are pretty fortunate. friend of ours paying 2mbps 21£ over here in Glasgow.

wes

Packrat said...

Well, once we get on Truecombat: Elite, We can rox! Let me know when you get the stuff downloaded. I'll find us a server. :)