Thursday 27 July 2006

Business of Photography

The subject of business in photography has been in my heart and mind for quite a while. I was doing photography as a hobby for the longest time before turning it into a business. I have also learnt some important lessons through blood, sweat and tears. And from time to time, I have had friend and acquainstances who have joined the photography profession. I have also seen the 'old birds' in the industry who are not doing photography anymore, it has been hard breaking coz I knew them as 'chien peis' from the early 90s. They are out because the market got worse a few years ago... but I digress, that's another story altogether.

I never had the chance to pen those thoughts about the business. This person Alan Briot has nicely summed up some really important points in his articles on http://www.luminous-landscape.com.
It's a series of articles in 3 parts and it's a really good read, even for non-photographers.

Wes

No comments: