Friday 14 April 2006

Hobbit Dinner

Today, as with all the previous times, I was paralyzed in bed with time-of-the-month-cramps. By 9 in the evening, with no instant noodles and the cook still writhing in pain, we decided there had to be a way to feed ourselves. So, rather than to give in to circumstances and run to Macs, we decided that I would holler whatever instructions I could manage and Kar Wai would make his first attempt at a hobbit dinner.

I must say, I am very proud of my man :-)

Jo

1. straining the fried potatoes

2. voila! fried spring chicken with fried potatoes with fried mushrooms. so healthy.

11 comments:

Mr Sanguine said...

Way to go Wes, can take pictures and cook as well! What a renaissance man.

Terence

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet of him. :-) Jo, hope you feel better soon. *hug hug*

Dollface

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ah Yi and Ah 'Tuo',
*hug* from QQ
i am going to send you a letter which I wrote yesterday. Little brother (not the baby) also drew something for you. Ah Yi also
give you something in an envelope. I give you a picture.

QQ

Anonymous said...

Must get money back from that chinese sinseh !@#$%^&*()

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Kar Wai! I showed this blog entry to Kee Yang *hint* *hint* hee....

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaaa....the chef can take more breaks now! :) So how does the other hobbit enjoy cooking?? Looks pretty good I must say! :)

kat

Anonymous said...

Very good 1st attempt lei, KW! very funny how you balance the strainer on sink and bottle : ) quite amazing lor! haha! Hopes you're better by now, jo....

jen

Ps: u guys are in my thots every 2 days : )

Anonymous said...

hey guys. thanks. jo is much better now. the dinner was very oily. cannot eat fried stuff for few more days. :p

wes

Anonymous said...

Besides the meat (which can also be grilled instead of fried), the alternative to frying the spuds and veggies ... esp if you get real fresh veggies in France, is to STEAM them. Just boil water, and steam for 10mins.

Voila, and very yummy.

Anonymous said...

and oh, you can grill the veggies too!

Anonymous said...

dinner looks goooooood!!! Thank God you guys got the apartment!!.