Thursday 16 November 2006

Home Alone

This weekend, Kar Wai is going to Nantes for a shoot. And I will be home alone.

I don't mean to be a princess about this but I really haven't slept alone in a house/flat/apartment on my own before. Seriously, all 31 years of my life. When I was a child, I slept between my parents. Then when I kept kicking Daddy off the bed (as I was told), I slept at the side but still with with my parents. Later on, when the house got bigger, I shared a room with my sis. And the routine always was, I will get in bed, and she will switch off the lights. Come to think of it, I think I might be a little afraid of the dark too. Oh no.

Even when I was in hospital, I was in a 4-person ward lor.

Then I got married. And of course, I share a bed with Kar Wai. When we first got married and he had to go reservist like the week after our honeymoon, I went back home to my sister's room. In the more recent years, Abby, our employee and friend in Singapore, would be terribly sweet and come bunk over, just so that I have company.

So this weekend, I am going to be home alone, sleeping at night on my own for the first time in my life. I think it's a sign. You know, turning 31 and having this happen. Time to grow up. Learn to sleep alone.

*gulp*

Jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, u can always switch on ur webcam and connect home.
That way, we can watch over u while u sleep!

goggy

Wes & Jo said...

aiyo, goggy, you the BESTEST brother. *hugs*

Hee, hee...read my latest blog. No need scared already! In Shane's words, "I'm sooo appie toodAy!"

Bi